No Products in the Cart
Artists will be taking over the Downtown Waco Cultural District along Austin Avenue the morning of April 25th before the streets are flooded with 40,000 visitors from across the country for this year's Silo District Marathon. The chalk murals will then be on view for the entire weekend! On that same Saturday, from 4 to 8 PM events will culminate in our first EVER Chalk Waco Art Festival where everyone is invited to see and celebrate the art!
Let's rally Waco's artists and color the streets to show what Waco culture is all about!
Sponsor a local artist to create amazing chalk art on Austin Avenue and promote your business during the 2020 Silo District Marathon! All sponsors will have their logos and business name represented online at creativewaco.org and the opportunity to collaborate with your artist to create a chalk mural on behalf of your business. Your mural and business will also be a major feature of our first EVER Chalk Waco Art Festival, a special chalk art focused street party on Saturday evening from 4pm to 8pm featuring live music, art and food vendors, a beer garden and a family fun zone! You will also get 2 tickets to a special Sponsor’s Only VIP Reception on Saturday evening, April 25th from 4-6 PM. And of course, every sponsor will have a 10' x 15' chalk mural on Austin Avenue between 6th and 8th street. Click here to register!
Austin Avenue from 6th Street to 8th Street
(artists meet up in front of Cultivate 7Twelve)
- Artists will have from 3 - 7 AM and/or 10 AM - 2 PM to complete their artwork on the day of the event.
- Artists will have an assigned portrait oriented space of approximately 10'W x 15'L on Austin Avenue between 6th & 8th Street.
- Artists who are sponsored by a local business must collaborate with their sponsor and invite their input on the theme or content of the artwork. While the art should NOT be a direct representation of their logo or brand elements (ie. it cannot look like a billboard), it can incorporate elements of their business or mission (ie. if they are a salon, it could incorporate hair.)
- Restricted content: This is a family event, so obviously, politics, vulgar language or sexual themes are off limits.
- Once artists are finished with their artwork, we ask that they stay to help with the marathon water station and cheer on the runners as they pass by. And all the artists are invited to return for the VIP artists and sponsors reception and award ceremony on Saturday evening from 4-6 PM.
Monday, March 23rd @ Noon
Wednesday, April 1st @ Noon