A Quality Wood Panel Designed to Perform
and Made to Last
Are you frustrated with the quality of many wood panels? Compared with other raw surfaces on the market, Ampersand's Unprimed Basswood painting panel is free of plywood seams, knots or troublesome raised fibers providing the cleaner, more professional look that artists want.
The Unprimed Basswood panel is handcrafted using a sturdy, non-flexible 4mm basswood top, sanded perfectly smooth and ready to seal and prime with the ground of your choice. Basswood is a premium, select wood that outperforms the typically used birch plywood in many ways. It is inherently smoother with a tight wood grain and no raised fibers, making it easier to gesso and paint on. Basswood is ultra-stable and will not give, bend or flex.
Available in two standard cradled profiles, 7/8" and 1-1/2", both are simple to hang or frame. The support frames are made with quality solid wood strips that can be finished with paint or stain. The cradled back allows you to attach hanging hardware and display your artwork easily - without a frame!
Unprimed Basswood is great for encaustic, mixed media, collage and wood engraving. The tight grain of the Ampersand Unprimed Basswood panels makes them the preferred choice for finely detailed wood burning / pyrography.
- Sturdy 4mm premium basswood surface supplies superb durability when compared with other plywood panels.
- No bothersome fiber raising - Easy to seal and prime to a smooth finish
- No seams, distinct knots or "football patches”
- Available in two cradled profiles in sizes from 4” x 4” to 18" x 24"
- Ampersand quality at an affordable price.
If you’re looking to return or exchange your order, we can help! We offer free returns or exchanges within 30 days of receiving your order. You can return your product for store credit, a different product, or a refund to the original payment method.
Please note the following exceptions to our return and exchange policy:
- No individual markers, pens or pencils can be returned
- Discounted items are final and cannot be returned or exchanged
- Returned items must be unopened and in original packaging
- Returned items must have no visible signs of wear or use
To initiate a return or exchange, please email us as email@example.com. Be sure to include the following in your email:
- Customer name
- Order number
- List of item(s) you wish to return
- Reason for return
- Refunds will not be processed until item(s) is/are returned
- Customer will be responsible for paying return shipping
- Proof of purchase or receipt is required to process returns and refunds
- Customer is responsible for the safe return of products and is encouraged to obtain a tracking number and insurance if deemed necessary
- If you have any additional questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org