Soda Ash dye fixer is a mild alkali that promotes the chemical reaction between Procion MX fiber reactive dyes and cellulose fiber. It is also known as sodium carbonate, washing soda or salt soda. Soda Ash is necessary to activate and set Procion MX dye.
For tie dye (pre-soak method):
Use 1 cup/0.23 kg per 1 gal/3.79 L of warm water. Soak fabric in mixture for 20 min. Squeeze/wring out excess solution by hand. Do not rinse out.
For immersion dyeing cellulose fibers:
Use 1/4 to 1/3 cup/57-78 g per 3 gal/11.36 L of water. Add to dye bath per instructions.
For dyeing cellulose fibers in washing machine:
Use 2-3 cups/0.47-0.71 kg per load. Dissolve in 1 qt/0.95 L hot water. Gradually add to dye bath in washer per instructions.
If you’re looking to return or exchange your order, we can help! We offer free returns or exchanges within 30 days of receiving your order. You can return your product for store credit, a different product, or a refund to the original payment method.
Please note the following exceptions to our return and exchange policy:
- No individual markers, pens or pencils can be returned
- Discounted items are final and cannot be returned or exchanged
- Returned items must be unopened and in original packaging
- Returned items must have no visible signs of wear or use
To initiate a return or exchange, please email us at email@example.com. Be sure to include the following in your email:
- Customer name
- Order number
- List of item(s) you wish to return
- Reason for return
- Refunds will not be processed until item(s) is/are returned
- Customer will be responsible for paying return shipping
- Proof of purchase or receipt is required to process returns and refunds
- Customer is responsible for the safe return of products and is encouraged to obtain a tracking number and insurance if deemed necessary
- If you have any additional questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org