MOTION PICTURE FILM FOR STILL PHOTOGRAPHERS!
CINESTILL 800Tungsten is a unique color film for still photographers. This ISO 800 speed tungsten balanced color negative film is based on the same gold standard motion picture technology used by top cinematographers around the world. Designed for difficult low light tungsten situations, this flexible film is suitable for use in different lighting situations to achieve a variety of looks.
Our new and improved manufacturing process now extends the shelf life of 800T, with less noticeable artifacts after expiration. This advanced motion picture emulsion is optimized for a hybrid workflow, ideal for scanning, and safe to process in standard C-41 photo lab machines or Cs41 processing at home, but it may also be processed in Cs2 chemistry for low-contrast motion picture negatives. It also produces a complimentary contrast curve for optical printing on RA-4 paper when processed in C-41 chemistry. Treat this film as a high speed 800 ISO film for C-41 processing and push process whenever needed up to 3200 ISO!
- Color negative motion picture emulsion
- Safe for C-41 photo lab processing (Remjet backing free)
- Resulting in a slight halation effect
- 35mm / 36exp.
- Tungsten balanced
- Designed for difficult low light tungsten situations
- Can be push-processed up to 3200 ISO
- Factory spooled, DX-Coded Cassetes
Recommended acceptable exposure for push processing:
No push - EI 200-1000
1 stop push - EI 800-2000
2 stop push - EI 1250-3200
3 stop push - EI 1600-3200 (added contrast)
When shot in daylight, an 85 filter is recommended and/or shooting the film at 400-500 ISO.
Expiration: The new boxed CineStill film has an extended shelf life with less noticeable artifacts after expiration, but should be stored in the fridge and shot within 6 months of purchase to achieve optimal results. Exposed film should be processed promptly in C-41 chemistry to preserve latent image latitude and color fidelity. All current productions of CineStill have expiration dates for two years from manufacture date on the box. If you have earlier productions of 800T (no retail box) or your film does not have an expiration date, it is likely age fogged.
Note: This emulsion was designed originally requiring ECN-2 motion picture processing and may still be processed using ALL of those steps or with the CineStill Cs2 "Cine Simplified" kit, resulting in a pulled contrast negative with lower gamma not suitable for darkroom printing. Although there is no remjet adhesive layer to contaminate and exhaust the chemicals, C-41 processing produces greater density and gamma which is more favorable for still photography workflows. Tests show favorable results in standard C-41 processing compared to ECN-2 motion picture lab processing performed by professional labs. Long term archival stability has not been tested past 9 years. Expectations for archival longevity should be somewhere between Kodachrome and most C-41 films. We will replace any roll that shows defect. We do not accept any liability beyond replacement of original film purchased.
Storage and handling: Load and unload film in subdued light. Store unexposed film in a refrigerator at 13°C (55°F) or lower in the original sealed package. To avoid moisture condensation on film that has been refrigerated, allow the film to warm up to room temperature before opening the package. Process film as soon as possible after exposure. Protect processed film from strong light, and store it in a cool, dry place.
If you’re looking to return or exchange your order, we can help! We offer free returns or exchanges within 30 days of receiving your order. You can return your product for store credit, a different product, or a refund to the original payment method.
Please note the following exceptions to our return and exchange policy:
- No individual markers, pens or pencils can be returned
- Discounted items are final and cannot be returned or exchanged
- Returned items must be unopened and in original packaging
- Returned items must have no visible signs of wear or use
To initiate a return or exchange, please email us at email@example.com. Be sure to include the following in your email:
- Customer name
- Order number
- List of item(s) you wish to return
- Reason for return
- Refunds will not be processed until item(s) is/are returned
- Customer will be responsible for paying return shipping
- Proof of purchase or receipt is required to process returns and refunds
- Customer is responsible for the safe return of products and is encouraged to obtain a tracking number and insurance if deemed necessary
- If you have any additional questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org