The Creative Choice
Stroke & Coat® (The Wonderglaze) is the industry’s most versatile product. It can be applied on wet clay, earthenware bisque or stoneware bisque, fired from cone 06 to cone 10, in oxidation or reduction and used in every decorative way imaginable. Stroke & Coat® can be the star of your work or play a supporting role to other glazes. It is the ideal product of choice for the studio, classroom, potter, and fine artist.
One coat will create a translucent finish with subsequent coats increasing opacity. We suggest 2-3 coats for opacity and all over coverage. Let dry between coats. Stroke & Coat® glazes will fire to a gloss finish without clear glaze. However, if desired, a clear glaze may be added. For application on clay, we recommend leaving an area unglazed, such as the back or bottom of the ware, to allow for out-gassing of water and organic materials during the firing process. Stroke & Coat® glazes have been formulated to mature at shelf cone 06/05. Most Stroke & Coat® glazes will maintain their color at higher temperatures, especially reds, oranges, yellows, greens and blues. Their performance changes at cone 6 is noted on each individual product label. We recommend testing prior to use. For more information on mid-range performance, Click here to view Mid-Range firing guide PDF
Stroke & Coat® glazes are certified AP non-toxic and food safe.
- SC-13 Grapel, SC-33 Fruit of the Vine and SC-85 Orkid are formulated with chrome-tin pigments and can be sensitive to non-toxic clear glazes; namely – a milky/cloudy haze may form over the colors. Test by adding a light application of the clear glaze to these colors. These colors will not fade when used with Mayco’s Clear One Dipping (NT-CLR).
- SC-70 Pink-a-Dot is more translucent than other Stroke & Coat® glazes. Additional coats (more than 3) may be necessary to achieve opacity.
- Stroke & Coat® glazes do not move or blend when used with other glazes. You can apply side-by-side or layer without losing the integrity of the design.
- Can be applied with a brush, sponge, detailer bottle, mats, stamps or silkscreens.
If you’re looking to return or exchange your order, we can help! We offer free returns or exchanges within 30 days of receiving your order. You can return your product for store credit, a different product, or a refund to the original payment method.
Please note the following exceptions to our return and exchange policy:
- No individual markers, pens or pencils can be returned
- Discounted items are final and cannot be returned or exchanged
- Returned items must be unopened and in original packaging
- Returned items must have no visible signs of wear or use
To initiate a return or exchange, please email us as email@example.com. Be sure to include the following in your email:
- Customer name
- Order number
- List of item(s) you wish to return
- Reason for return
- Refunds will not be processed until item(s) is/are returned
- Customer will be responsible for paying return shipping
- Proof of purchase or receipt is required to process returns and refunds
- Customer is responsible for the safe return of products and is encouraged to obtain a tracking number and insurance if deemed necessary
- If you have any additional questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org