Manetti is one of the oldest manufacturers of gold and silver leaf in the world. Founded in 1820, it has preserved the ancient craft of gold beating, handed down from generation to generation. Manetti is a key name for quality gold and silver leaf in Italy and worldwide.
Surface gold leaf may have a few irregularities and is often used where double gilding is required or the leaf will be distressed or toned.
Patent gold leaf, also referred to as transfer leaf, is gold leaf mounted to special tissue paper by a pressure process. The gilder can then remove one leaf at a time without disturbing the remaining leaves. Patent gold leaf is removed from the book without the aid of a gilder's tip. The leaf will stay on the tissue until it is pressed onto the prepared surface and the tissue backing is removed. This form of gold leaf is necessary for outdoor work or where conditions would make loose leaf unmanageable. Patent gold leaf is not suitable for water gilding and is best suited for flat surfaces. Patent gold leaf is sensitive to changes in temperature and humidity and needs to be stored in a damp environment of about 80% humidity wrapped in plastic wrap.
If you’re looking to return or exchange your order, we can help! We offer free returns or exchanges within 30 days of receiving your order. You can return your product for store credit, a different product, or a refund to the original payment method.
Please note the following exceptions to our return and exchange policy:
- No individual markers, pens or pencils can be returned
- Discounted items are final and cannot be returned or exchanged
- Returned items must be unopened and in original packaging
- Returned items must have no visible signs of wear or use
To initiate a return or exchange, please email us at email@example.com. Be sure to include the following in your email:
- Customer name
- Order number
- List of item(s) you wish to return
- Reason for return
- Refunds will not be processed until item(s) is/are returned
- Customer will be responsible for paying return shipping
- Proof of purchase or receipt is required to process returns and refunds
- Customer is responsible for the safe return of products and is encouraged to obtain a tracking number and insurance if deemed necessary
- If you have any additional questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org