Self-Supporting Cones are the most accurate and easiest to use witness cones available. They provide the same information as Orton Large Cones. The advantage of Self-Supporting cones is that they are the correct height (1 3/4" exposed above the base) and have the 8 degree bending angle built in. They do not require plaques. Self-Supporting cones can be set on any flat surface.
Self-Supporting Cones are available for use between 1087F and 3106F (586C and 1708)C. Cones are numbered from 022 to 32. Cone 022 is the cone that will deform at the lowest temperature (1087F) and cone 32 is the cone that deforms at the highest temperature 3106F (1708C).
Self Supportiong Cones are recomended by glaze and kiln manufacturers to achieve the best results.
If you’re looking to return or exchange your order, we can help! We offer free returns or exchanges within 30 days of receiving your order. You can return your product for store credit, a different product, or a refund to the original payment method.
Please note the following exceptions to our return and exchange policy:
- No individual markers, pens or pencils can be returned
- Discounted items are final and cannot be returned or exchanged
- Returned items must be unopened and in original packaging
- Returned items must have no visible signs of wear or use
To initiate a return or exchange, please email us at email@example.com. Be sure to include the following in your email:
- Customer name
- Order number
- List of item(s) you wish to return
- Reason for return
- Refunds will not be processed until item(s) is/are returned
- Customer will be responsible for paying return shipping
- Proof of purchase or receipt is required to process returns and refunds
- Customer is responsible for the safe return of products and is encouraged to obtain a tracking number and insurance if deemed necessary
- If you have any additional questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org